29/04/2013

these days

These last four days have been glorious.  Gloriously slow and leisurely.  With Anzac Day falling on Thursday and Anthony not being required at work Friday due to maintenance, we made the most of having a long weekend together.  We picnicked in the drizzle, walked along the beach, cooked together, lingered in bed over breakfast in the morning, chilled with the kids...oh, and got inked again.

weekend 002
Point Peron 231

I did a bit of reading, worked a little on a vintage sheet quilt for Tegan and met my deadline of finishing my Sage Remedy top…all done in the company of my family.  For hours we sat around chatting and laughing, we reminisced about our childhoods and those of our older children’s, we excitedly talked about a trip to Brisbane in June for a wedding, started planning a trip to Tasmania later in the year..parents only, a belated honeymoon of sorts and discussed a job offer that will open many doors.

weekend 004
picnic 108

Today it’s back to the reality of work for the older males in our family but the younger three and I still have a weeks holiday up our sleeves so these glorious slow days will continue a little longer.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and that your week ahead is just as grand.


Tammi x

10 comments:

Sally said...

Hi Tammi, we had a similar loverly long weekend, as I "made" hubby take Fri off, although he may have wished he'd gone back to work with all the gardening I made him do! Sounds like there might be something exciting on your horizon! And where's the pic of the tats? I want to live vicariously through those who get inked, as I'm too wimpy and I don't think they look good with freckles!! S:)

Kylie said...

Lovely that you got to spend some quality time with your Anthony Tammi, and how exciting that you guys are having a little honeymoon down the track. I'm dreaming of the day we (finally) have one too...
I love your yellow tea set, and I'm curious about those fat quarters in the first pic, what are you going to make with them?
I haven't been in touch re catching up, because our car is out of action, as soon as we get it back from the mechanics I'll give you a bell.
Btw, I'd love you to join in our little linky...x

Kate said...

It all sounds very glorious indeed.
But I too want to see a pic of the new ink and as for the new job opportunity, yay!
Happy days. xx

Bron said...

It really was lovely to have all those days...we too had extra and loved every minute of it...glad you have some exciting plans cooking too. xxx

Jodie Clarke said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend Tammi! We spent most of ours in the vegie patch I think! The new ink sounds interesting....
Hope you have a lovely week...your plans for days ahead sound exciting!

Em said...

Perfect days! Tegan's quilt is going to be gorgeous - I really must get sewing one of these days!!
Have a great time away, have missed you, definitely tea early next week!! xxx

motherwho said...

That sounds so lovely Tammi!!! A nice reminder too. I find I spend so much time rushing around when my husband is home, trying to get the house in order for when my hands are tied again... usually it's a losing battle. I should just put my feet up and enjoy my family! xxx

Evangelines Jumble of ideas said...

I hope you have a wonderful time just love your yellow tea set :)

Catherine said...

It sounds like lots of wonderful things happening for you a trip to Brisbane will be fun and Tassie too that will be glorious just the two of you:) xx

Hannah said...

I had to look up the Sage Remedy top on Ravelry because I hadn't seen one, but I think it's a great idea to make it in gray. I bet it will be really elegant in addition to being cozy! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I'd love to see this on Kollabora, the online crafters' community I'm part of—I know I can't be the only person out there who's knitting for fall, but almost no one is posting any yarn projects!