15/04/2013

girls night in

girls night in 200

Take one Saturday night and an impromptu gathering of friends,
add sweet treats and tea,
throw in a bit of crochet and kinfolk for good measure. 
Combine well with some much needed uninterrupted conversation and laughter, attentive listening, unwinding and relaxing and you have yourself the perfect evening.

I had forgotten the power of such an evening, an evening away from the distractions of home.  Just those few hours away crafting and sharing did wonders to stoke my creative flame.  If anything I am now experiencing a creative flood…metaphorically speaking *wink

Have you spent an evening with girlfriends lately?  You really should.

Tammi x

15 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds lovely Tammi! I've often thought I should organize a crafty afternoon with some of my girlfriends where we can craft away uninterrupted, chat and sip tea :)

Vicki @ dover and madden said...

Monday night at the movies is normally my girlie night....food and a film and a bit of a catchup....When something comes up and we can't make it, I miss it. Your night is my type of night Tammi.
vic x

two squirrels said...

Simply perfect.......its the laughter and love that recharge the soul.
love V

Mezz said...

once a month me and my lady friends get together to craft and drink tea.it's pretty perfect.ur night sounded pretty perfect too!

Norfolk Exposure said...

I haven't had a night with the girls forever. Think it's time I rounded up the troops.

mel @ loved handmade said...

sounds great, it's been way too long!

Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

Last month, my mum and my two sisters and I went out for dinner and a show - and it was amazing, so good for the soul. We see each other all the time, but to be out with no agenda but fun and time together was bliss. Your night sounds fantastic! x

Bron said...

with all those treats it was bound to be a great night. xx

Diary of a Flutter.Kat said...

Sounds like bliss!

A little bit Country said...

That sounds like my kind of girls night. I'm overdue for a girls night. Thanks for reminding me! xo

Naturally Carol said...

They are the best kind of evenings. I haven't had one for a while, this makes me remember what I'm missing!

Em said...

It was the best ever. I think we need to make an effort to do it more often! xx

Em said...

It was the best ever. I think we need to make an effort to do it more often! xx

Sandra littlegoldenbook said...

Perfect! xo

Kym Piez said...

It's not a girls night. It's the best therapy, which apart from a few chocolates and snacks, is totally free! I don't do these enough, but absolutely love them when they happen. I am a much happier person after therapy with friends! When is your next girls night in? Xx